The Behavioral Health Therapist provides evidence-based treatment consistent with their scope of practice and licensure status. An essential function of the position will be the development and monitoring specific behavior change plans documented in the patient’s Individual Comprehensive Treatment Plan. In addition, the Behavioral Health Consultant will provide mental health education and training to the other members of the Interdisciplinary Treatment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare socio-psychiatric case history information, psychosocial assessment and treatment plans.
- Make referrals to mental health specialists as appropriate.
- Participate in the detection of “at risk “patients and develop treatment plans to prevent further psychosocial, physical deterioration, and/or relapse.
- Maintain records and prepare verbal and written reports and correspondence related to patient care.
- Participate in mobilizing community resources and maintain cooperative relationships with community agencies, schools, and courts.
- Attend meetings with teachers, parents and school administrators, IEP meetings, Youth Advisory Council, Community Advisory Committee.
- Facilitate outreach efforts to students and school community via handouts, bulletin boards, presentations, and open houses.
- Provide classroom education and intervention.
- Participate in workshops, meetings, and conferences.
- Serve on committees.
- Provide in-service training.
- Participate in the evaluation of peers and support staff.
- Monitor the behavioral health program and make suggestions to improve patient care and outcomes.
Master’s Degree in Social Work
State of Michigan Licensed Master’s Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, CPR certification, State of Michigan’s Driver’s License
We commit our resources and passion to provide comprehensive primary health care services for people of all ages.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- HSA & FSA
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance