This position is responsible for the oversight, systems development, compliance, and performance of the Billing Department. This role is expected to constantly improve workflow and overall function for departmental operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises billing staff, including selecting, orienting, training, coaching, disciplining, & giving timely performance reviews.
- Establishes short and long term goals, ensuring staffing levels meet organization needs.
- Be able to work independently.
- Develops, revises & administers all billing procedures and workflows.
- Collaborates with other managers to contribute to efficient and consistent workflow across all sites.
- Oversees day to day operations of site and promptly follows through on concerns identified.
- Processes departmental reports for tracking and review utilizing appropriate software systems.
- Assist in financial reporting such as UDS or Medicaid Reconciliation reporting as assigned.
- Aware of coding updates and Federal and State billing requirements.
- Ensures software and staff are updated as necessary.
- Assistance and identification in billing and claim related issues.
- Assistance and ongoing education and training in diagnostic and procedural coding.
- Remains current with reimbursement guidelines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information and foster an ethical work environment maintaining organizational and patient confidentiality.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Consistently demonstrates strict adherence to policies and procedures within own work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, outside agencies, and with the general public, including the ability to present difficult concepts to groups of varied backgrounds.
- Ability to work outside normal clinic hours periodically, which may include weekends and evenings.
- Ability to travel to other clinic locations and outside of local area for training.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, detail oriented with ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize. Self-initiates and follows through on assignments in a timely manner.
- Team-oriented and able to work collaboratively with staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain, guide, and instruct staff. Acts as a resource and communicates appropriate knowledge, skills and conduct. Accepts supervision and criticism in a constructive manner and demonstrates an ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with frequent interruptions and occasional crisis situations.Makes suggestions and addresses concerns in a constructive manner.
- Asks for direction when unsure of job expectation.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Seeks out appropriate uses of time during non-busy periods for themselves and those they supervise.
- Ensures safe work environment and promotes accident prevention.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and seeks to correct any mistakes.
- Participates in and supports team meetings, activities, and/or problem solving to promote positive team work and cohesiveness between all staff.
- Provides constructive and creative recommendations for improvements in own area of responsibility or the clinics system as a whole.
High School Diploma / GED required. 4 years related experience and relevant Associate’s degree. Accredited coding certification preferred. Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to records management, including HIPAA regulations, knowledge of practices and procedures used in effective records management and referrals, familiarity with Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Knowledge of insurance (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care), including eligibility, interpretation, coding, documentation, billing, and auditing is preferred, experience with medical software programs, and working knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
We commit our resources and passion to provide comprehensive primary health care services for people of all ages.
-Fulltime with excellent benefit package
Please email resume and cover letter to HR Director, Paula Cohoon, at email@example.com