The Community Engagement Coordinator is an innovative and creative member of the TBCHS team. This role is responsible for development and implementation of a targeted and thorough marketing and brand strategy that drives growth and community engagement. The Community Engagement Coordinator will drive all creative efforts to promote brand awareness consistent with the TBCHS mission. This role will create and disseminate all advertisements for TBCHS services both internally and externally and is responsible to represent TBCHS through print and electronic media. All promotional material is created and maintained by the Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure that messages are consistent with marketing strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead marketing and brand strategy to drive growth and promote services to enhance revenue.
- Create advertising content including but not limited to newspaper, billboard, radio, television, bulletin boards, brochures or other promotional materials.
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance to identify and track trends and develop actionable plans.
- Establish relationships with media outlets including newspaper, television, and radio.
- Identify and research new advertising or promotional opportunities.
- Responsible to participate or collaborate in TBCHS meetings and trainings to produce relevant content for marketing or advertising of new and existing services or TBCHS events.
- Prepares monthly reporting updates on the Community Engagement Plan. Develops content for leadership staff such as infographics related to patient or service utilization or annual report.
- Manage annual marketing budget.
- Maintain TBCHS social media platforms and research innovative ways to engage the target audience.
- Maintain TBCHS website and electronic signs.
- Lead planning and coordination of TBCHS promotional events including but not limited to Community Health Center Week, health fairs, and parades.
- Collaborate with local agencies to promote TBCHS services.
- Maintain promotional material inventory including giveaway items and print items allocated for health centers.
- Coordinate and maintain new provider headshots and advertisements.
- Oversee National Association of Community Health Center (NACHC) Advocacy/ACE Program and maintain award.
- Develop relevant messages for Health Resource Service Administration (HRSA) Calls to Action.
- Must be self-motivated, positive, and be innovative.
- Demonstration of clear communication both written and verbal.
- Expresses thoughts and ideas effectively. Displays confident communication skills and exhibits good listening.
- Shows a strong initiative and willingness to learn and strives to increase personal productivity.
- Always treats others with respect and consideration.
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity while managing difficult and emotional situations. Solicits feedback to improve service and responds promptly to customer’s needs.
- Schedules time off in advance to ensure proper coverage for department. Also begins working on time and works independently throughout the day until it is time to end shift.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and is able to meet commitments. Asks for help when appropriate from immediate supervisor.
- Able to follow policies and procedures while supporting the goals and values of the organization. Also promotes a positive work environment for staff of all departments offering support while working cooperatively with all co-workers.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Associate degree in Business or Marketing field or 3 years of Marketing or branding experience required. Both are preferred.
We commit our resources and passion to provide comprehensive primary health care services for people of all ages.
-Fulltime with excellent benefit package
Please email resume and cover letter to HR Director, Paula Cohoon, at firstname.lastname@example.org