The staff physician reports to the CMO and the CEO. He/She is responsible to the Board of Directors for the content of the Principles of Practice Agreement, including the following performance responsibilities. The staff physician provides a program of high quality primary care, integrates service with specialty care and health related agencies and participates in the development of future health care objectives and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive health care, including examination, diagnosis, treatment, advice, prescription, consultation, education, and prevention for the medical, surgical and mental health needs of patients in the office.
- Participate in preventive health programs.
- Participate in on-call coverage agreement with other Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc. Physicians, Mid-levels, and Providers for evenings and weekends.
- Maintain provider numbers and accept participation with BCBSM, Medicare, Medicaid, and other reimbursement programs.
- Maintain the recommended number of office.
- Participate in supervision of mid-level primary care providers by direct presence or immediate phone access.
- Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities as required.
- Achieve 150 hours of AMA approved Continuing Medical Education credits in every three year period to comply with State Licensure and Board Certification renewal requirements. Maintain Board Certification by periodic reexamination.
- Comply with TBCHS and regulating agencies regarding documentation policies and requirements.
- Maintain professional malpractice coverage through FTCA, agreement with Board of Directors, or private policy, subject to negotiations at time of hiring.
- Participate in design, utilization, location, and cost considerations of building, renovation, expansion, and leasing plans for medical facility.
Standards of Conduct:
- Abide by the bylaws, policies and directive of the Board of Directors of Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc.
- Hold professional responsibilities above any private or conflicting interests.
- Respect patient’s rights to privacy, informed consent, and restricted disclosure of information. Exercises courtesy and understanding in the performance of medical care. Adhere to HIPAA standards.
- Choose whom he/she will serve. In an emergency; however, service should be rendered to all to the best of one’s ability. Having undertaken the care of patient, may not neglect him/her.
- Administer medical care which is free of bias due to race, age, sex, religion, home of record, lifestyle, or ability to pay.
- Seek consultation on request of the patient, in doubtful or difficult cases, or where the quality of services is likely to be enhanced.
- Perform in accordance with the highest medical standards and ethics, including the following:
- perform with at least ordinary care, judgment, and diligence,
- use recognized methods of diagnosis and treatment,
- exercise knowledge and skill commonly possessed by physicians of similar practice in the locality,
- seek appropriate support and treatment when impaired health of any type that could potentially affect ability to practice capably,
- act to protect the public and profession against other physicians or practitioners deficient in moral character or professional competence.
Degree as Medical Doctor, or Doctor of Osteopathy
Valid licensure by the State of Michigan Medical Practice Board; valid registration by State and Federal Boards of Pharmacy, and Board Certified or Eligible in Family Practice with a completed residency or equivalent years of practice experience. ACLS, and BLS certification.
We commit our resources and passion to provide comprehensive primary health care services for people of all ages.
- The People
- Making A Positive Difference in People’s Lives
- Serving The ‘Customer’
- Providing Quality Care
- Practicing Teamwork
- Valuing Our Employees
- Welcome Innovation and Adapt to Change
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- HSA & FSA
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
This position would be great for you if you are: