Primary responsibilities may include some or all of the following: to assist patients with frame selection, eyeglass orders, and dispensing of eyewear.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain necessary patient information, update data, verify information, and monitor status of patient accounts and insurance information at each visit.
- Maintain accurate electronic health record, assist with scheduling, conduct check-in for patients, create encounter and order glasses.
- Determine the patient’s needs by asking questions and evaluating prescriptions, and assist patients with selection of frames.
- Ensure frame selection and lenses are in agreement with patient’s prescription, comfort, and insurance.
- Take accurate pupillary distance, base curve, optical centers, multi-focal measurements, etc., to ensure prescription accuracy and proper visual acuity.
- Verify product availability and identify time needed for processing to provide on time delivery.
- Maintain order sheets (electronic and hard copies as required) and calendar for dispensing.
- Order and receive glasses through prospective labs and according to set guidelines.
- Assist with inventory, purchasing, optical supplies, re-stocking, etc. as needed.
- Verify all eyewear for accuracy of prescription requirements against the doctor’s prescription by neutralizing prescriptions, checking for prism, checking seg heights, inspecting product and documenting findings prior to delivery per outlined policy.
- Adjust and dispense eyewear, explaining to patients the proper usage and cleaning instructions of their glasses (provide written materials for patient to take home).
- Provide cleaning cloth and cleaner whenever available.
- Assist with complaint resolution.
- Reduce remakes by properly assessing patient’s needs, taking accurate measurements, promising achievable delivery times, and combining proper frame and lenses with prescription.
- Perform eyeglass adjustment and repairs as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks such as filing, cleaning, maintaining frame kits, replacing equipment, and other duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma / GED
Certification through the American Board of Opticianry preferred.
We commit our resources and passion to provide comprehensive primary health care services for people of all ages.
- The People
- Making A Positive Difference in People’s Lives
- Serving The ‘Customer’
- Providing Quality Care
- Practicing Teamwork
- Valuing Our Employees
- Welcome Innovation and Adapt to Change
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- HSA & FSA
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
This position would be great for you if you are: