On 8/13/2021, the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) voted in favor of recommending an additional dose of mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) COVID19 vaccine for certain immunocompromised individuals.
These immunocompromising conditions as outlined by the CDC are below:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood.
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome).
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection.
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response.
At this time, the CDC is NOT recommending additional doses of COVID19 vaccine for those who received the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine.
If you have an immunocompromising condition as outlined by the CDC above, please register at this link https://bit.ly/AdditionalDose
TBCHS will reach out to you to schedule your additional dose of COVID19 vaccine.
Please do not hesitate to call (989)742-4583 with any questions.